Recreational Dance classes are for Beginning students through Advanced and Adult Classes for ages 9 & up.
These classes are designed for the dancer that is including the art of dance in their life for their enjoyment. They consist of developmental classes that include progressive instruction in technique, repertoire, flexibility and strength conditioning, theatre, and performance skills. Students are moved through the levels based on their development, technical ability, mental preparedness, dedication, maturity and attendance.
Six levels of classes are offered at Spotlight Dance Academy in the disciplines of Classical Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hip, and Lyrical.
- Beginning (usually ages 9-12)
- Intermediate I (usually ages 9-14)
- Intermediate II (usually ages 10-15)
- Advanced I-II (usually ages 12-18)
- Advanced III(usually ages 12-25)
- Advanced IV (usually ages 12-30) – Please call us for placement in this level